Iron ore location
Peasants Sergei Babin and Kuzma Suleyev announced to the mining chief, General Wilhelm de Genin, the location of iron ore on the Sysert River
Place for the construction of the plant
On the bank of the River Sysert, a place was chosen for the construction of a state-owned railroad plant and its construction began.
The first buildings of Sysertsky state plant
The plant introduced a new technique, which allowed to improve the quality of iron. In the same year, platinum was built and the first blast furnace at Besenkova Mountain (Karaulnaya).
In August 1733, at the new Sysertsky plant, the first flashed iron was produced. But the cast iron from local ores turned out to be of poor quality, and the first sysertsky metal could not stand it. Immediately, Gennin intervened and ordered the local iron to be mixed with Kamensky so that the “iron” was better and stood on trial. During the first year, more than 25 thousand pounds of iron were shackled.
Factories transferred to the possession of A.F. Turchaninova
Sysertsky, Polevskoy and Seversky state-owned plants by the decree of the Senate were transferred into the possession of A.F. Turchaninova.
Increased metal quality
By 1770 more than 80 thousand pounds of iron and more than 25 thousand pounds of copper were smelted at the plant. Various products from Sysertsky metal were in great demand in the market. Turchaninov opened trade in Yekaterinburg, Perm, Nizhny Novgorod, and later in St. Petersburg and Tagonrog. Part of the metal went abroad.
Mastered polishing cores and grapeshot
For the first time in Russia, the Sysertsky plant mastered the polishing of cores and grapeshot, installed machines for their processing.
The plant employed more than 59 artisans, 924 government employees. 27 thousand copper smelted.
Gold rush of Sysertsky plant
In 1823, gold was found at the dacha of the Sysertsky plants. In 1824, the gold rush began. Workers were removed from the domain, blast furnaces, and sent to extract gold.
The transfer of plant power to the possession of Solomirsky P.D.
Solomirsky got quite a sensible manager F. A. Khvoshchinsky. He led the forestry of the Sysert dacha into an exemplary order, for the first time in the Urals began to use peat for puddling, he introduced the Kontau's rocky forges, which improved the dressing of iron.
Centenary of the Plant
A century later, since the plant was commissioned, its director was P.D. Solomirsky - one of the grandsons of A.F. Turchaninov. When it was carried out further reconstruction of the plant: installed a new rolling mill, commissioned welding furnaces, built mechanical workshops. In the middle of the 19th century, the Sysertsky Gornozavodsky District is divided into metallurgical and mechanical production. The first is concentrated in Polevskoy - today the Seversky Pipe Plant, the second in Sysert. In 1936, the mechanical workshops were transferred to the category of engineering.
Sysertsky plant in the 40s of the XIX century
In 1843, puddling-welding furnaces appeared at Sysertsky plant. In 1847, a new building for two blast furnaces was built. Two versts from the plant on the River Sysert near the dam, the construction of the stone building of the mechanical workshops (today the former building of the Central laboratory) is completed. In 1849, the Verkh-Sysertsky reworking plant was built, where strip iron was produced from Sysertsky cast iron.
The second half of the XIX century
In 1870, the plant’s products were awarded a silver medal at the All-Russian Industrial Exhibition. In 1887, the plant’s products were awarded a gold medal at the industrial art exhibition in Yekaterinburg. In 1894 a mechanical plant was built (now there is an instrumental workshop). In 1895 the track was laid in Sysert.
Sysert Mine District
In 1905 there was a strike of workers of the whole plant. In 1912, the plant became the property of the joint-stock company Sysertsky mining district, whose shares belonged to the London joint-stock company. They sharply increased the production of copper, but did not increase the productivity of the plant.
The plant was nationalized
By decision of the Council of People's Commissars Sysertsky mining district and the plant was nationalized.
20s of the XXth century
In early 1921, the plant began to fulfill the state plan. Metal output has been increased by more than 100%. Worked blast furnaces, martens, rolling mill. In 1925, the plant was transferred to the English joint-stock company Lena Goldfields Limited, but soon the plant returned to the state again.
1932 was a turning point for the plant
In 1931, the plant was transferred to the trust "Uralles", then "Traktordetal". In 1932, after the change of its profile, the plant became a machine-building, the building of the foundry was built (today the building of the electrical department ". In the old mechanical workshops installed new equipment - turning and the best at that time.
During the War
The plant gives combat products to the front. In 1942, the Postavlenie State Defense Committee on the organization of a hydroturbine plant in Sysert. The plant is named "Ural Plant of Hydraulic Machines" (UZGM). In 1943, the first hydraulic turbine was produced for the Alapaevsk metallurgical plant. Completed construction and entered into operation a new railway line to Sysert. In 1945, a hydraulic turbine was manufactured to restore the NIVA-II HPP with a capacity of 15 MW. The first stage of the assembly shop was put into operation (stage II - in 1952 and stage III in 1958).
In 1946, the construction of the foundry was completed. The first stage of the hydro turbine workshop was built. The plant refused to cooperate on iron casting, from machining large-sized parts, boiler and welding.
Start of pump construction
In 1947, a new direction appeared - pump engineering. The first sysert pumps were small. Horizontal centrifugal types of VAT and D. In 1948, pumps of type D received the Shchekinskaya, Dubrovskaya and Sumgait heat and power plants. In 1949, the centrifugal pumps, and then axial pump.
New blacksmith shop
In 1950 a new blacksmith shop was commissioned. As well as hydro turbines were supplied to Bulgaria with the brand of the Ural plant.
1950s of the Plant
In 1951, the plant manufactured 9 large pumps for the Lenin Volga-Don Canal. The production of MNT units (motor-pump-turbine) began. In 1952, the first turn-over blade turbine was produced for the Tsimlyansk hydroelectric station. In 1953, a new model workshop was launched. Rewarding a number of factory workers with government awards for the manufacture of pumps for the Volga-Don ship canal. In 1956, new axial pumps of the type OV and OPV were mastered. In 1957, the Urals branch of VNIIgidromash was established at the plant. In 1958, a new RS regulator was launched.
1960s of the Plant
In 1962, the chipping department of the foundry was commissioned. The construction of the Ural branch of the VNII Gidromash has been completed. In 1963, the turntable-made hydraulic turbine was manufactured for the Gaivoron hydroelectric station. The turbine is made of a small-sized unit with a single shaft of the turbine and generator. In 1964, powerful hydraulic turbines were manufactured for the Kuban-Kalaus irrigation system. Power of hydrotube of 48 MW. In 1965, a reversible unit was manufactured for the Kuban-Kalaus irrigation system, which allows it to operate in the mode of a hydro turbine and a pump. The start of production of chemical pumps at the plant and for the first time in the USSR a large submersed pump was manufactured. In 1967, the production of pumps OPV10-260EG for the Karshi irrigation system with a flow of 40 m3 / s was mastered. In 1966, the obelisk was installed in memory of the 25th anniversary of the start of the Great Patriotic War.
1970s of the Plant
In 1971 a block of assembly shops was put into operation. In 1973, a unique horizontal pump OPG-220G for the Dnieper-Donbass canal, which received the VDNKh Gold Medal and the Quality Mark, was designed and manufactured. In 1976, the plant team was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor. In 1978, the head sample of the 2400B-25/40 pump was assembled with a 12.5 MW electric motor driven for the Jezac irrigation system. In 1979, the pump for oil transportation was mastered; the first NPS3600-90 pump was launched.
1980s of the Plant
In 1982 he was awarded the Order of Friendship of Peoples. In 1986, a group of the Main Department of the State Standard (state acceptance) for the quality control of manufactured products was created. In 1990, the group was reorganized. In 1988, the first OPV 34 / 9VG pump was manufactured for the canal named after Moscow A total of 24 pumps were manufactured. The last pump was shipped in 1999.
1990s of Uralgidromash
In 1990, the company was incorporated and became AOOT Uralgidromash. Created a site for the assembly of pumps company "Dresser". In 1991, the Dorris VC3500 / 200V machining center was installed. In 1995, Uralgidromash JSC again began to design and produce hydraulic turbines for small and medium hydropower plants. Water turbines are supplied to Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Tatarstan, Bashkortostan, Armenia, Belarus, Latvia, France, the USA, Colombia, Afghanistan, and regions of Russia. In 1996, OAO Uralgidromash certified the quality system ISO-9001-94. A production batch of TsNA pumps for delivery from 300 m3 / h to 800 m3 / h with a head up to 80 m for delivery to nuclear power plants was mastered; the production of D-type pumps was resumed. In 1997, the Open Joint-Stock Company Uralgidromash was created. Pumps of type "K" and "F" 8 of standard sizes of small and medium power were mastered. In 1998, a unique axial horizontal pump OG-410K was manufactured for the PRC impeller diameters 4.1 m, with a flow of 64 m3 / s. In 1999, the Ural branch of the Institute VNIIGidromash transformed into the Engineering Center.
Early 2000s of Uralgidromash
In 2000, 50 D2000-21 pumps were delivered to Iraq. In 2001, the company developed, manufactured and installed on the mountain Besonova monument "Cross" height of 12m. First designed using a multiplier and produced two hydraulic unit Pr592-VB160-I for Bashkiria. In 2002, the foundry and model production was closed, the plant moved to receive blanks for cooperation. The network pumps СЭУ1250-140, СЭУ300-110 and pumps НЦГУ50-45 were mastered. Manufactured circulating pumps ОВ2-185Е - 8 pieces and D2500-62 - 6 pcs. for Tanavan NPP (China). In 2003, OJSC Uralgidromash manufactured the P0306-GMI100 and P0230-GIP145 hydraulic turbines with a capacity of 10.5 and 12.4 MW for Colombia. In 2004, the pump 170ДПВ-12 / 22К was designed and manufactured for the Yusifiya CHP (Iraq). In 2005, six pumps 96DPV-4.5 / 23MK-1 were supplied for fish protection facilities at the Kudan-Kulam NPP (India). Mastered the new technological process of surfacing shafts. In the same year, a new workshop was built, in which the production of machine-building metal structures was organized to provide the buildings and tanks of transformer production of Uralelectrotyazhmash.
Late 2000s of Uralgidromash
On the basis of the merger of OJSC Uralelectrotyazhmash and OJSC Uralgidromash, the enterprise OJSC UETM-UGM was formed, which was included in the group of enterprises Energomash. Production of parts and components (components) from aluminum for gas-insulated circuit breakers was organized. In 2008, a hydro turbine Р0170 / 662-ВМ95 was manufactured for Kamchatka with a capacity of 13 MW. In 2009, CJSC Energomash (Sysert) -Uralgidromash was established. Three head samples of a 300B0-37 / 26C pump were designed and manufactured to replace pumps at the first station of the Karshi main canal.
2010s of Uralgidromash
In 2010, a prototype of an oil upgraded NPS 5000-120M pump was manufactured and put on site. In 2011, a new stand was certified and put into operation, intended for testing oil-retaining vertical pumps of the type NPS-M at working speed. At Surgut SDPP, pumps 130DPV-8 / 23UE with a modern digital system of electrotechnical drive for turning the blades were put into operation. In 2014, the company left the Energomash corporation, and on May 4, 2016, the company returned the name - Uralgidromash Joint-Stock Company (UGM JSC). The structure of JSC "Uralgidromash" includes the direction of hydraulic machines (Sysert) and the direction of electric machines, which is geographically located on the premises of the company JSC "Uralelectrotyazhmash". Therefore, the history of Uralgidromash JSC is closely intertwined with the history of Uralelectrotyazhmash JSC. Today JSC Uralgidromash is a dynamically developing enterprise, whose products operate in all leading sectors of Russia and the CIS countries, enjoys a well-deserved reputation in the global market. Over 50,000 hydraulic machines and over 10,000 large electric machines and hydrogenerators are operated in more than 50 countries of the world.